[amibroker] Re: CSI

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cstrader" <cstrader232@xxx> wrote:
> I am using CSI data stocks package for the first time.  You get 7500
in the package, but there are over 11,000 stocks on the NYSE, AMEX and
NASDAQ in their database.  Are there any users here who could tell me
how to select the 7500 most active out of their list?

cs,

Are you sure you are limited to 7,500? Double check by phone. In the
past CSI's user license has contained a lower number than CSI in
practice provides without extra charges. For example, in 2006 my
subscription with CSI allowed me to export well over 20,000 stocks
into my AB's database. Oh, my subscription was for active and inactive
stocks.

If in fact you are limited to 7,500 stocks, here are types of stocks
to exclude:
a) preferred stocks (virtually no value to a trader)
b) BB stocks (many traders do not want to touch these)
c) very low volume stocks (many do not want to trade these)
If you exclude the above you will get ride of perhaps half the stocks.

However, if you are planning to use CSI data, you should serious
consider paying extra to get inactive stocks included. Why go through
the hassle of using CSI data and not include inactive stocks? If you
only want active stocks, why not use something easier like QuotesPlus
or TC2007?