[amibroker] Re: AB Newbie-Need help choosing data provider

Millowena- Check TC2000... for REALTIME data it seems you need their
platinum service @ 100/mo (as low as 67/mo for 2 yr subscription) and
still I can't tell if you can use the data outside their program (ie,
get it into AB) and if all NY-Amex-Naz stocks are covered.  Do you
know anyone using the data in AB?  BTW- I've use QP2 for several
years for EOD data and am very happy with it... wish they had RT data.

Lester, thanks for the info re DTNIQ.  Was hoping to get datafeed at
a lower price.  Basically want RT O-H-L-Last and V  for current mkt
day to build that daily bar (don't need to build min or hr bars) -
but for 1000's of stocks.  Most data providers seem setup to give you
tick/min bars (that AB can build into a daily bar) but 500 tickers/
$50 or more.  That's why I thought Yahoo RealTime or possibly
prophetnet -as mentioned in my original question- might be the answer.
Thanks again,
Dan

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "MillowenaJuno" <millowena@xxx>
wrote:

> I buy 2 years at a time.

that price seems low for the US.  More like 3X what you quote even on
an annual basis.

>   Regard
>   JOE

I heard
>     > were due to server migration, so I'm hoping that's temporary.
DTN is
>     > a lot cheaper, but it's loaded with weird ticks that plays
hell with
>     > my charts and scans. Sure you can "force backfill" to get rid
of
>     > them, but that gets old after a while.
>     >
>     > Is there any way AB can filter out these ticks BEFORE they
get saved
>     > to the database or a way to otherwise deal with them
efficiently?
>     >
>     > Has anybody tried Quotes Plus lately? I think they were
acquired by
>     > eSignal not long ago.
>     >
>     > Chuck
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > Please note that this group is for discussion between users
only.
>     >
>     > To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly
>     > SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
>     >
>     > For NEW RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENTS and other news always check
DEVLOG:
Date: 2/14/2007