[amibroker] Re: Relstrength question?

Tom,

If comparing individual stocks to different relative strength base
symbols/indexes the individual values of the relative strength ratios
will be essentially meaningless. There are a number of ways to "rank"
by relative strength if each symbol is compared to the same base. One
of the simplest ways might be to calculate the rate of change of the
relative strength ratio plot over a specified period. Ranking of
these ROC values will give a more meaningful comparison of strength.

I'm pretty sure that the calculation for RelStrength is in the
amibroker documentation somewhere. If not, it is definitely to be
found by searching the group messages. There are (or used to be) also
some RelStrength ranking "systems" posted in this group's files
section or in the AFL library at amibroker.com.

Tim