[amibroker] Re: Need some math help to code NORMSDIST into AB.

Thanks,

As you probably know I am taking an interest in all things quant.

I presume you are OK with standard Z scores etc?

Treliff

Thanks for the HAS function - good stuff.

Re Ami's maths capabilities.

I am sitting on the fence, not having enough experience to decide.

I do want the analytical powers of Xcel or possibly more and wonder
should they be inside of AB or outside?
I wonder if it is a bit like fdata, with such a wide range of
possibilities and applications that it is better to just leave a
flexible arrangement so that users can customise or put it all into
AB in a one stop shop approach.

I empathise with you in the desire for some more maths grunt though.

Brian.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "sebastiandanconia"
<sebastiandanconia@xxx> wrote:

> This is a good plain-English description, and you can follow the
links
> to learn more.
>
> http://www.econbrowser.com/archives/2006/04/the_yield_curve.html
> <http://www.econbrowser.com/archives/2006/04/the_yield_curve.html>
>
> Do you see the two equations on the page preceded by an "F"?  In
Excel,

<ton.sieverding@>

> > how I
> > > see it. Perhaps something for an AFL formula. On the Y-axis the
> > > difference between 10 Year Treasury and 3 month T-Bill. On the
X-
> > axis
> > > the FED rate. Plots above the blue line have a probability of
less
> > than
> > > 50% and below the blue line are higher than 50%. Of course you
can
> > try
> > > to calculate the probability of a recession but ...

T-
> > Bill
> > > yield) and "R" is the Fed Funds rate, it gives the probability
of
> > > economic recession within the next 4 quarters. (Only about 44%
right
> > > now, so there's some good news. I envision using this as a
market-
> > exit
> > > indicator, warning when conditions are about to turn really
ugly for
> > > both the stock market and the economy. )

> > function. I
> > > believe AB supports all the operations in this formula.

> > > here to turn this into a complete AB formula. I don't know what
> > > operation the NORMSDIST formula performs on the Wright Model
part, I
> > > don't know what the "x" variable is supposed to be...there's no
end
> > > what I don't know.:)

VERY