[amibroker] Re: volume spike

Wes, both formulas will work. The formula with Ref() will just compare the volume of the last bar with the MA of volume of the previous bar. Your formula will compare the volume of the last bar with the MA of volume of the last bar.

The volume spike looks like this:

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/463/02082007043002nv5.png

and ideally should be confirmed with the spike on the "number of trades":

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/2850/02082007044135qt7.png

And here is how it all played out:

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2469/02082007043521gf3.png

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/5166/02082007043540ti9.png

It works great with small cap mineral exploration plays in Canada and probably Australia.

Lester