Re: [amibroker] How stupid can I be???

Hi Tomasz,

I don't know what to say.  It doesn't work.

Your assumption 1 is correct, I believe:  see the
IntradaySettings.png.

Your assumption 2 is *absolutely* correct.  In fact, I do not exit
same day, anyway (unless I override, which I rarely do).  Here is my
exit:

ApplyStop( stopTypeNBar, stopModeBars, delay, True, False );

I have had this code a long time, and RT results and trading results
are never off by even one single yen -- other than fast-market trade
entry miss or something like that.  But it is accurate, realistic,
and works -- the code I mean.  But I cannot, using my eSignal
one-minute database, isolate AM and PM entries.  I have tried, on my
own, to do this FOREVER, and I cannot do it.

All I do is two things (other than what I would do with my master EOD
database):

1) Change periodicity to 1 minute (see file)

2) Append 'AND Timenum() <= 120000;' to the end of the Buy statement.

Then I backtest.

But I generally get *no* trades as a result when I backtest after
doing this. For example, using either last n days = 2, or using From
2/7/2007 To 2/8/2007, I get no trades.  That's wrong.  There were
four signals, three yesterday and one today.  One of the trades on
2/7 (yesterday) was at about 9:30 AM.  I didn't dream it.

Looking back, say, 100 bars, where I would have dozens and dozens of
trades, I get maybe 4 to show up.  That's not realistic.  It's flat
out way wrong. I know from years of experience most of my entries
come in the AM session. Off hand, I'd say it's 2-1 or higher.
Naturally, now that I am accumulating a longer and longer intraday
database, I'd like to isolate these instances and test them.

I cannot.

Using the RT database in daily mode (with periodicity set at daily),
there is no problem backtesting.  But of course I'm *not* able to
isolate signals by using Timenum() that way.  Not that I can isolate
them in any case, mind you.

This is, to say the least, excruciatingly frustrating for me.  I
don't believe I am completely stupid, obviously, and I cannot see why
this (apparently) simple little thing will not work for me.

This is the *reason* I bought the RT version of AB years ago, and why
I started subscribing to eSignal immediately when it became available
in Japan.  And on top of that, I knew the first few years of
subscription would only serve to build up a database, and that I
could not do realistic intraday testing until I had sufficient
instances and data to draw reasonably valid conclusions from.

I want to throw up now.  ^_^

Yuki

Best,

Yuki