Re: [amibroker] Note to Herman (and TJ) about atcFlagEnableInIndicator

TJ -

Since .2 is in progress, I'll probably hold off on reporting anything
else and try to verify with it in order to minimize your time.  My
issues seemed different that Herman's and were with EOD, and looked to
be related to synchronization of the cache.

If you'd like to proceed differently, let me know.

Looking forward to seeing you in Houston, and the Disney Store will
probably appreciate the boost in sales.

-- Bruce

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Once I was made aware of the problem - I fixed it. THe fix will be
available in 4.90.2

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

Feedback center is the only place to report suggestions / bug reports.

>         Seems like Marcin failed to enter it. Best bet anyway is to
enter report to Feedback Center directly. The less middle-men the better.

>         2. The fact that you should use SetBarsRequired is of course
true. It is pretty obvious as QuickAFL is on for all indicators
(opposite to AA).

>         ATC can not force it on its own because then you would get
warnings that formula references future bars if ATC did that.

>         3. Continuous DateTImeArray as a funciton is not possible.
You can however generate artificial ticker if you want - just generate
ASCII file

>         with dates / times you want and import it using ASCII importer.
>

>         Best regards,
>
>         Tomasz Janeczko
>
>         amibroker.com

reported to and was acknowledged by support. It will hopefully be
fixed in the next release. It will be nice to create composites on the
fly in an indicator.

>         The "flatline" ATC problem I had was related to corrupted
eSignal backfills and the flat sections were "filled" bars which had
no volume. Such sections would change depending on the integrity of
the "Pad and Align" ticker that AB uses to fill missing data. This is
a confusing issue (for me anyway) that I haven't been able to solve. I
suggested a function that returns a continuous DateTimeArray which
would allow us to test data integrity independent of assumed-hole-less
reference ticker, i.e. without reference to and independent of
collected data.

>         best regards,
>
>         herman.
>

>         Sunday, February 4, 2007, 11:41:58 AM, you wrote:
>

>         > A week or two ago, Herman noted some strange behavior when
attempting

>         > to use atcFlagEnableInIndicator.  I have seen the same
problems.  He

>         > noted that he sometimes got "flat line" ATC's and at other
times got

>         > results that looked like values were added to previous ATC
values.  I

>         > never saw further mention, but here's what I've found.
>

>         > The short story is that I've found that turning off
QuickAFL with a

>         > SetBarsRequired(100000,100000) gets rid of most of these
problems.

>         > It looks like there might still be a few issues left that
look to be

>         > cache-related that are too detailed for here.  I'll post a
bug later

>         > with a reproduction sequence that I hope helps.
>

>         > -- Bruce
>

>         > Please note that this group is for discussion between
users only.

>         > To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail
directly to

>         > SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
>

>         > For NEW RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENTS and other news always check
DEVLOG: