Re: [amibroker] OT: Internet Explorer 7.0

Hi Ara,

Saturday, February 3, 2007, 4:35:05 PM, you wrote:

AK> I tried to upgrade to IE 7 as part of normal Windows upgrades,
AK> but it did not install properly. This is my second attempt.

AK> When I start explorer, it does not load fully. It does register
AK> in the processes in Task Manager, but does not show up in the
AK> applications tab. Can not connect to my router ... can not do anything ..

AK> Anyone have similar problems loading IE 7?

Not me.

But I did see a thread somewhere in which people had bad installs of
IE7.  The tip off was that "Restricted Zones" was missing from the
Alt-Tools-Internet Options -> Security tab.  Only "Internet", "Local
Intranet" (Is there another kind of Intranet?  I mean, doesn't
'Intra' kind of imply local?), and "Trusted Zones" existed.

You might want to check and see if you have all four listed.

The (excuse me while I laugh) only work around was, apparently,
reinstalling IE7, which (another laugh) apparently works in a lot of
cases.

I did not have this weird experience, however.

OTOH, I don't let Windows Update do very much at all, preferring to
download and install updates myself.  I *always* select "custom" when
I visit that dreadful and deceitful place, and as for "Automatic
Updates" ... well, let's just say we don't go there.

YMMV,

Yuki

... Still waiting for the Linux version of AB.  Sorry, emulators need
not apply.  (Monopoly pricing is now quite obvious on this round of
upgrades -- go get 'em European Commission.)