From: polomorabe <paul.moore@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2007 4:38:27 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Interactive Brokers

            Dan,

Their interface takes some getting used to. A trading friend commented

that it looks like it was designed by a software engineer! Also, once

a trade is executed, there is no audit available, AFAIK, so you can't

compare your buy or sell stop price with the actual execution price.

Also, bear in mind that TWS won't work if you're behind a firewall,

unless you can open the firewall ports. So, if you're behind a

corporate firewall, then TWS won't work.

There is a web-based trading interface, but is very restricted, IMO.

Good luck,  Paul

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxx ps.com, "Terry" <MagicTH@xxx > wrote:

> Works great for me. Commissions are low unless you are trading large

> quantities of low priced stocks. No funds are available, but

everything else

> is including futures and even options on futures. If trading futures, be

> careful about contract expiration and rollover.

> They have one feature I really appreciate and that is, on request,

you can

> get a hardware security key so funds cannot be withdrawn without

it...even

> if someone steals your username & password.

> Does not work for daily database fills, just minute data up to 30

days of

> backfill minutes.

> --

> Terry

On Behalf

> Of danielwardadams

> Sent: Monday, January 29, 2007 07:49

> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxx ps.com

> Subject: [amibroker] Interactive Brokers

> I know a lot of people using Amibroker also use Interactive Brokers

> (at least partially because of the automation that can exist between

> them). I'm thinking of changing to IB, not for the automation (at

> least initially) but because of the reduced fees & commissions,

> enhanced order types, etc.

> Are all IB users "happy" and are there any problems I should know

> about? Bottom line: is there any reason NOT to change to them?

> I understand the the IB workstation (TWS) is a bit of a hog because

> it's based on Java. I think I have enough computing power so this

> shouldn't be a problem but this is the type of thing I'd like to hear

> more about.

> TIA,

> Dan

> SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com