Re: [amibroker] How to refer to current array element?

Blah = SelectedValue(barindex());

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Wes Smith
  To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2007 4:18 PM
  Subject: [amibroker] How to refer to current array element?

  How do I refer to the current array element ..

  For example, lets say I want to store the current bar number into a static var.
  Static vars need a number, not an array
  So this fails ..

  Blah = barindex();
  StaticVarSet("MyVar", Blah);    // fails because blah is an array

  What I want to do is

  Blah = barindex();
  StaticVarSet("MyVar", Blah[????]);

  But I don't know what value to use for the '????' above to refer this 'nth' bar in the array.

  Don't want to use Lastvalue(blah) as it always returns the right edge last bar.
  tia ..wes

  (fwiw, this is an attempt to fix the flip() issues when using RT feeds.  I'm trying to set a static var so that I know if the var has been triggered on this-bar...    Sure wish flip() would latch on the 1st occurance of the set variable, and not just at bar close. )