[amibroker] DateTime..what is the AB numerical format?

I'm confused regarding the *numerical* format of DateTime.

 From my research there seems to be a factor of 10^9 difference between
what AB reports as the DateTime number, using Now(Format=5), and what
Microsoft say the value should be according to their standard for
today's date.

Can anyone explain why? My attempts to add/subtract numbers to the
DateTime figure and then convert back to a string have failed
miserably...I've guesstimated that 1-second is 6*10^16 in AB (as opposed
to 1*10^7 on the MS help pages), but this does not seem to be the case.

So it seems that I will have to go the long-winded way of breaking the
date and time into components and playing with the arithmetic. Although
within my understanding, this route seems cumbersome and
unnecessary...is the conclusion correct that simple numerical
manipluation of the DateTime number in AB is not possible?

Grateful for any enlightenment.

Andy