Re: [amibroker] Correct stop price?

Herman,  For those of who are just plain ignorant of formula writing, could you place your suggestion in the correct place. I can learn and extrapolate to the next formula. Please.  Marshall
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Herman
  To: James
  Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2007 2:12 PM
  Subject: Re: [amibroker] Correct stop price?

  Hello James,

  The best resolution is that of your current timeframe, one tick if you use tick charts. Else there is no way to get change/tick information.

  However if you trade real time you could calculate an estimated value buy using MA( abs( Ref(Close,-1)- Open ) ),20 ), this takes the average difference between the last Close and the next Open, which in real time trading is one tick apart. Pick a moving average period suitable to your time frame, not too long but still long enough to reject occasional spikes. You could develop some more complicated schemes, like adding some preprocessing, like spike removals and correction for start of day values.

  best regards,

  Herman

       I am trying to buy and sell on a stop and would like to assume I get filled at the stop price +/- 1 tick. I know I have seen this somewhere before, I searched the Users Guide but I cannot find it. It seems like the code used 1 tick or perhaps point value. Could someone please point me to the documentation. All entries and exits are on a stop so BuyPrice, ShortPrice, SellPrice, and CoverPrice should all look something like BuyPrice = Max (BuyUpper + 1 tick, Open). Thanks in advance for your help.

        James

        BuyUpper = HHV(Ref(H,-1), 15);

        SellLower = LLV(Ref(L,-1), 15);

        StopUpper = HHV(Ref(H,-1), 5);