Re: [amibroker] free data. http://www.opentick.com

Well it is 'Free'...
With DTN or ESignal.. you pay between $50-$200 PLUS exchange fees.
With Opentick....  you pay $0 plus the echange fees for Real time.
And those fees go right to the exchange, not Opentick, DTN, or Esig...

You should be able to get historical data from OpenTick without paying the echange fees.

As has been noted earlier .. Opentick has some initial issues to resolve to make it a more reliable platform
Data quality, and 'repair' being one of them.

Re 'how they will get paid'... this is from their forum.
---
jbergeron on Oct 20/06

We hope to embrace a model
of providing free data for.. well, forever. Our income will be coming
from our managed ticker plant solutions as well as from our order
routing services that we intend to be rolling out soon next year. If
you would like more information about these, give us a call here.

We have a lot of exciting news coming soon - lower latency, faster I/O, new datacenter... so stay tuned.
---