From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of klaus_korneker
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 12:30
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: loop counter

Thanks for the explanation. But how can i now create a
barindex(counter) through a loop. Graph1 plots the barindex. I have
tried to use (i = 0; i < LastValue(BarIndex()); i++ ) but this
generates an error.
Can you help ?

Cnt = 0;
for( i = 0; i < LastValue(BarIndex()); i++ )
{
Cnt[ i ] = i ;
}

Graph0 = Cnt;
Graph1 = BarIndex();

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Terry" <MagicTH@xxx> wrote:

> BarCount does not necessarily == LastValue(BarIndex())
>
> This is because Amibroker uses "quickAFL" which means it only uses
enough
> bars to "get the job done". This frequently is not all the bars.
>
> --
> Terry

On Behalf
> Of klaus_korneker
> Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 09:48
> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [amibroker] Re: loop counter
>
> Hi Terry,
>
> thank you very much for your explanation !
> However it looks a little bit strange. It works still the same.
> When set the entire array to 0 with Cnt = 0; and click Apply, it shows
> the same value as with the confirmation code in the graph. However
> automatically after about 1 second it changes the value to 199 instead
> 4517
>
> BTW: i know that it displays the number in the title based on my
cursor.

> Regards
>
> Klaus
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Terry" <MagicTH@> wrote:
> >
> > To initialize the loop you should do this:
> > Cnt = 0; //Initializes entire array, not just 1st element.
> >
> > When you click on the chart the number should change because you are
> > selecting "that bar". Also see last paragraph about barcount.
Otherwise,