[amibroker] Re: DDE Excel

> Frankly I see NO reason connecting via excel

The reverse is not true though.  I see GREAT VALUE in being able to
setup a DDE communication between Excel and Amibroker so that
Amibroker can send script variable information easily to Excel for
further display/calculation/analysis.  Notice that I didn't
say "streaming real-time data from a data provider."

eSignal does this easily:

var val = new DDEOutput("dataForExcel");

val.set(1245);

In Excel, this exposes the current value from the eSignal chart
script:

=eSignal|EFS!dataForExcel

Excel is a more powerful application from which to display and
organize complex data that is not in the form of a stock/futures
chart.

Steve

[yes, I know.  There is a request for this already in the Amibroker
suggestion database...from me]