    From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of paulradge
    Sent: Sunday, 7 January 2007 10:34 PM
    To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: [amibroker] array question

    i've been trying to turn a swing exploration into a backtest and need a
    little advise as i'm learning my way.

    buy=filter and ref(high,1) > ref(high,0);

    within "settings/trades/long" i have buy today's high,,,,,in my mind with a
    cfd order i can buy today's high tomorrow if the high gets broken with a
    "park" order or atleast 1 tic above quite often.

    and again within "settings/trades/long" i have sell today's close
    selected,,cause once again in my mind i can often sell today's close
    tomorrow,,,,

    sell=high>hhv(ref(high,3),3);

    i thought that command would sell at greater than the high of 3 days past
    but it is not selling at that high,,,,can some one please tell me how the
    software is reading my sell command,,,,

    i'm not quite at a 50/50 strike rate but it is making money,,i just need to
    know what i've done with the sell command please,,

    cheers
    Paul