[amibroker] array question

i've been trying to turn a swing exploration into a backtest and need a
little advise as i'm learning my way.

buy=filter and ref(high,1) > ref(high,0);

 within "settings/trades/long" i have buy today's high,,,,,in my mind with a
cfd order i can buy today's high tomorrow if the high gets broken with a
"park" order or atleast 1 tic above quite often.

and again within "settings/trades/long" i have sell today's close
selected,,cause once again in my mind i can often sell today's close
tomorrow,,,,

sell=high>hhv(ref(high,3),3);

  i thought that command would sell at greater than the high of 3 days past
but it is not selling at that high,,,,can some one please tell me how the
software is reading my sell command,,,,

i'm not quite at a 50/50 strike rate but it is making money,,i just need to
know what i've done with the sell command please,,

cheers
Paul