  From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Charles H. Bush
  Sent: January 6, 2007 10:04 AM
  To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Cc: LESHAKE@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: [amibroker] EOD trading procedure? Help!

  Hi, folks,

  I'm new to investing, but not so new to Amibroker.

  I've been using the software to learn to scan for swing trading stocks and
everytime I think about switching to something else I regret even the
thought. I've looked at Mr. Swing (Swingtracker) which is a java-based RT
system ($49 per month), but I have trouble getting reliable feed.

  Recently I have sighed up for IQFeed (realtime) for use with Amibroker and
so far it's been very reliable. However, realtime doesn't seem to be my
style, except for checking the opening range of stocks I'm interested in. I
don't have time to sit all day and watch the ticks roll by.

  So far I've only made three trades at Scottrade ( 2 profitable, 1 small
loss), with Scottrade making $14 in commissions per round trip. I'm
considering shifting my account to MB Trading, where you can trade up to 500
shares for .01 per share cost. Unfortunately they don't have a charting
system to allow dropping in on the realtime ticks. However, they do they pay
interest on unused funds, which Scottrade doesn't do.

  Dave Landry suggests the following in his book on Swing Trading:

    1.. Pick your stock
    2.. Set a buy stop for the next day at .06 above today's high.
    3.. Set a stop loss or a trailing stop not exceeding 4% of the the
purchase.
    4.. Place the trade and wait to see if the order is filled.
    5.. When (if) you reach 7% profit, sell half the shares and let the rest
ride with the stop loss in place.

  My problem: without real time quotes, this feels like standing on top of a
bridge in the night and throwing money into the darkness.

  So my question is: Can anyone tell me a decent method for End of Day
trading without paying for RT charting data? Or how you get around flying
blind when you place the orders without watching the morning real time
opening?

  Would appreciate your input.

  Thanks in advance.

  Charles Bush.