Re: [amibroker] Re: adding a counting column

Hi Tom,

This works very nicely, as long as I take out the

Buy=Filter=1 statement,

and use my own exclusionary filter.  It returns just what I want, and
consecutively numbers the rows.

Many thanks,

Yuki

t> Yuki,

t> Try this:
t> ---------------------------------------------------
t> counter = 0;
t> if(Status("stocknum") == 0)
t> StaticVarSet("string",0);

t> Buy=Filter= 1;

t> counter = StaticVarGet("string");

t> if(LastValue(Filter))
t> {
t> counter++;
t> StaticVarSet("string",counter);
t> }

t> AddColumn(counter, "counter",1.2,colorBlue);

t> regards,
t> Tom

t> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Yuki Taga <yukitaga@xxx> wrote:

>> This is probably very simple for all you natural-born coders out
>> there, but not for me.
>>
>> I want to add a column to an exploration (that part is easy enough),
>> but I want to have that column simply return a '1' on the first row,
>> then increment by 1 for each additional row.
>>
>> AA output gives me the total number of rows of course, but sometimes
>> I want to know where, say, the middle of the pack is, or the
>> upper-third, or lower-third -- without having to count from the first
>> row or the last row.
>>
>> Anyone?
>>
>> Yuki

Best,