[amibroker] Re: Relative Strength analysis vs an Industry

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "personal592002"
<personal592002@xxx> wrote:

> Go to http://www.spdrindex.com/.  There are 9 actively traded
> sector ETFs.  Each ETF has a csv file that contains all sector
> constituents and constituent tickers.  Download the csv file and
> edit leaving just symbols, one per line.  Save and import this
list into a new amibroker watch list.
 Paste this code into a new formula editor window:

> SectorETF = ParamStr("Sector ETF ticker", "XLE" );
> RS = RelStrength(SectorETF);
> Plot( RS, "RS vs Sector ETF",colorBlue, styleLine );
> Periods = Param("Periods", 65, 2, 200, 1 );
> Plot( MA( RS, Periods ), "MA",colorRed, styleLine);
> Buy=Cross(RS,MA( RS, Periods ));
> Sell=Cross(MA( RS, Periods ),RS);
>
> Apply formula to chart and/or send to automatic analysis for
scaning
> and back testing on the relevant watch list.  The default sector
> ticker is energy.
Thank you so much for the help,but I would still like to have the RS
ticker be automatically assigned to a particular group of
stocks.Using your example and the sector ETF's,how would I set up
the database to have all the energy stocks be assigned to the
relative strength ticker XLE? How would I have all the financial
stocks default to XLF as an RS Ticker??I would like to run a
backtest to determine if strong RS within a sector has any
significance,but i dont know how to set up my database
accordingly.Any help or directions appreciated