RE: [amibroker] Re: really need help....

A backtest gives the results you want automatically.

If you must use Explore, you can also code the profit yourself

using the Buy/Sell variables and explore for the answer.

You will need ValueWhen function to discover the BuyPrice on the last
Buy.

Here is some explore code that does what you want.

I'm sure you will have to modify to suit.

Unfortunately, this code my confuse you more than help you!

I tried to remove lines that were not relevant to your question.

PS: This is for a Long only system.

/****************************** FOR EXPLORE
**********************************/

entryPrice = ValueWhen(Ref(Buy,-1),O); //Get the Open price on the day
you bought

gain = IIf(Sell,(exitPrice - entryPrice) / entryPrice * 100 - 0.4,0);
//Account for 2 way commissions at .2% each

//>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "look to future" code - Just for marking
Next Day Buy in Explore

bdate = IIf(Sell,ValueWhen(Ref(Buy,-1),DateTime()),DateTime());

Filter = Buy OR Sell;

AddColumn(bdate,"Buy
Date",formatDateTime,IIf(Buy,colorWhite,colorRed),IIf(Buy,colorGreen,col
orWhite));

AddColumn(C,"Close",1.2,IIf(Buy,colorWhite,IIf(Sell AND gain >
0,colorGreen,colorWhite)),IIf(Buy,colorGreen,IIf(Sell AND gain >
0,colorPaleGreen,IIf(Sell,colorRed,colorGold))),50);

AddColumn(IIf(Buy,0000,entryPrice),"Entry$",1.2,IIf(Buy,colorGreen,IIf(S
ell AND gain > 0,colorGreen,colorWhite)),IIf(Buy,colorGreen,IIf(Sell AND
gain > 0,colorPaleGreen,colorRed)));

AddColumn(IIf(Buy,9999,IIf(Sell,gain,0)),"Profit%",1.2,IIf(Buy,colorGree
n,IIf(Sell AND gain >
0,colorGreen,colorWhite)),IIf(Buy,colorGreen,IIf(Sell AND gain >
0,colorPaleGreen,colorRed)),50);

The last two lines test to see if it's a Buy or a Sell. If it's a Sell,
one line prints the entry price and the next line prints the Gain
(loss). If it's a Buy then I print 0000 or 9999 which are effectively
blanked by my color-coding.

--

Terry