[amibroker] Re: MA : first value not computed ?

Nicolas,

Does it *really* matter?   You've got plenty of data to work with
and one data item in the beginning is not going to make the
difference of you being a successful stock market operator or not.

Find your edges in the market, exploit them and manage them well.

For example, I cannot tell you how many people I've met who, when
confronted with an opportunity to take their edge in the market in
real-time, place a limit order a tick or two away from where they
want to get in and then have the market promptly leave them in the
dust with a $200+ per futures contract opportunity lost.  Meanwhile,
I have either bought the ask or sold the bid and have reacted to the
edge I see before me.

It's the same thing.  I'm not worried about losing a tick or two to
get into an edge and you should not be worried about one data item
in the beginning of a series throwing anything off, especially a
moving average.

As far as Amibroker's T/A functions go, I understand that Tomasz has
to provide virtually the gamut of indicators built-in or order to
bring his product to market, but I just laugh and laugh at the
complexity of all of that in comparison to the piddly few moving
averages I use to successfully trade the ER2 futures contract.

Technically, trading can be as simple or as hard as you want to make
it.   The more your mind is geared towards math, programming,
intense analytical thinking, etc, the more complex your approach is
likely to be in applying a market edge.   The more you just look at
where price has a greater likelihood of freedom of movement than
not, then (I believe) you will find that complexity in your trading
approach diminishes.

Steve