  From: Rakesh Sahgal
  To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, November 03, 2006 1:48 AM
  Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: DDE Server

  Am sorry for the delayed response. File with graphics enclosed as requested.

  On 10/31/06, jocz75 <jocz75@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:
    Hello Rakesh,

    Would you be able to send me the screen shots of how you set up the
    Amibroker database to access data in an Excel spreadsheet?

    This would help me very much.

    Thanks for any help you can provide.

    -John

    --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx , "Rakesh Sahgal" <rakeshsahgal@xxx>
    wrote:

    > This is for those having problems in making Excel talk to AB via
    DDE. I have
    > been able to solve the problem with the help of our friend Treliff
    from the
    > group. I can email you the graphics showing the setup screen shots
    in a word
    > file should you require.
    >
    > All you have to do is give the cells containing the various fields names
    > which are combos of the field and the ticker. Then in the DDE setup
    > dialog/box in AB do the following
    >
    > 1. Server name should be indicated as  - Excel.
    >
    > 2. Field names are equal to  -  sheetname(not Excel file name REPEAT not
    > Excel filename just the name of the sheet in the file which is
    recieving the
    > data) and {ticker} and field name combined with the ticker name in
    > Excel e.gsheetname=data and last field=ls therefore in the DDE dialog
    > box the entry
    > for last will be data!{ticker}_ls.
    >
    > 3. Now add the tickers in AB from the Symbol--->New  dialogue.
    >
    > Thats all there is to it.
    >

    > Regards

    > ps: Even if there is no data streaming into your worksheet but the
    > connection is succesfully established between Excel and AB , the
    connection
    > status will change from "wait" to "connected" and the connection
    will show
    > the green colour instead of the yellow.

    Denys
    > > > in
    > > > happening.
    > > > experienced

    > > > <rakeshsahgal@>

    > > > universal

    Denys
    > > > in
    > > > happening.
    > > > experienced

    > > > <rakeshsahgal@>

    > > > universal

    > > > Please note that this group is for discussion between users only.

    > > > SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

    > > >   Investment management
    software< http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Investment+management+software&w1=Investment+management+software&w2=Real+estate+investment+software&w3=Investment+property+software&w4=Software+support&w5=Real+estate+investment+analysis+software&w6=Investment+software&c=6&s=200&.sig=_XXUzbE9l5lGlZNcMu4KNQ >
    Real estate investment
    software< http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Real+estate+investment+software&w1=Investment+management+software&w2=Real+estate+investment+software&w3=Investment+property+software&w4=Software+support&w5=Real+estate+investment+analysis+software&w6=Investment+software&c=6&s=200&.sig=5_sgDczz3ArKGMtJ9tFSJA >
    Investment property
    software< http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Investment+property+software&w1=Investment+management+software&w2=Real+estate+investment+software&w3=Investment+property+software&w4=Software+support&w5=Real+estate+investment+analysis+software&w6=Investment+software&c=6&s=200&.sig=_N6zcwefgp4eg5n6oX5WZw >
    Software

    Real estate investment analysis
    software< http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Real+estate+investment+analysis+software&w1=Investment+management+software&w2=Real+estate+investment+software&w3=Investment+property+software&w4=Software+support&w5=Real+estate+investment+analysis+software&w6=Investment+software&c=6&s=200&.sig=GmF8PlAJASx0wrSaX5-Zlw >
    Investment
    software< http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Investment+software&w1=Investment+management+software&w2=Real+estate+investment+software&w3=Investment+property+software&w4=Software+support&w5=Real+estate+investment+analysis+software&w6=Investment+software&c=6&s=200&.sig=aMgGsKT4w29dMAYUzQUKzg >