[amibroker] Re: AmiBroker 4.88.0 BETA released

Joseph said:

> Use speed of 0.2 will get you 1 second resolution.

The smallest piece of information is 5 seconds worth of data.
Slowing this down to 1/5th speed doesn't chop up 5 seconds of data
into 5 1-second pieces of data.

The tick file data I get from eSignal has a timestamp resolution of
1 second.  So, playing 1-second resolution data at 1x speed is not
the same thing as 5-second resolution data at 0.20 speed.

Tomasz said:

> Adding 1-second step may be considered in the future

THIS is all I'm asking for.  All I want is for your best playback
resolution to be equivalent to the best resolution of data in the
database.   The sequence of whether a 6-second resolution market
internal (like the NYSE TICK) came exactly before or after a
specific tick on the ER2 with the same 1-second timestamp is not
important (to me) in practice.

In another post, Tomasz, you have clearly outlined what would be
necessary for real-time playback "perfection" and I was not asking
for that.  The ordering of all of that data coming in is more along
the lines of millisecond accuracy to produce something that would be
super smooth timing.  I agree with you, Tomasz, that that is far
beyond the scope of what your goals were for the current playback
feature.

Guys, I'm not trying to be difficult about this.  I make my living
trading the ER2.   I have 16 years of professional programming
experience (4 of those years in real-time flight simulation
programming) and three advanced degrees.  I understand the
programming that's involved and I know the difference between a real-
time futures trading experience and a simulation of that experience
at a 1-second timestamp interval.  These two environments won't be
the same and I don't expect them to be.  But it reaches the level
of "good enough" for practicing my trading techniques with what I'm
asking for.

Steve