[amibroker] Re: Learning Composites

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Joe Landry" <jelandry@xxx> wrote:

> Whitney - Were you trying to run this in an indicator window?
> What are you trying to accomplish by using ATC?  You may be able to
do it
> without
> iterating i over the range.
>
> Hope this helps
> JOE
------------------------
Joe,

Thanks for your prompt response, and good questions.

Indicator window:  I don't know, I'm so new to AB.  I was in the AFL
editor and clicking the check mark for verifying syntax. :)

Trying to accomplish:  Static storage for interim test results managed
by AB instead of using explicit disk i/o.  (A side effect is binary
instead of string storage; I expect binary to run faster.)  I want to
store interim results of watchlist-based multisymbol analysis during
an analysis phase; these results are then to be read from the composites
during a subsequent summarizing and reporting phase.

I hope this approach can work across multiple tools:  Scan, Explore,
Optimize.  I would rather write intermediate results to a composite
than to a file with fputs, so AB manages the disk i/o as
necessary and my code doesn't have to.  Somehow I think AB can do a
better job working with the operating system than I can.

Any additional insights are welcome, even if it means not using
composites.

Best,