Re: [amibroker] Re: AmiBroker 4.88.0 BETA released

Hello,

> The playback, as it is, doesn't look like it's going to work well
> with tick and volume-based charts.  The 5-second resolution is too
> granular and causes the price bars to move way too fast at the 1x
> speed level.  It needs to be a 1 second resolution to be usable for
> real-time practice on tick and volume charts.

Did you notice the name? It is called "BAR playback".
Not "TICK playback". Bars by nature in AB are from 5 seconds up.

The advantage of BAR playback is that does not require recorded full stream of ticks
to operate. What you are asking is TICK playback but this requires
recording all ticks in real time for all symbols
(backfill is NOT enough because in most cases it misses bid/ask )
 - this is LENGHTY process you need to wait for entire day recording
in real time data for just one day plus it would take huge amounts
of hard disk space (approx 1GB for 1 day of ticks for 100 symbols).

It will arrive someday but you need to understand that it is completely
different story that BAR playback.

> When I press the playback button, the popup dialog should already
> know the date range of the active chart and fill in the beginning
> and ending date as the defaults.
I disagree with your suggestion because one may want to see only PART of it.
And now, once you setup start and end according to your needs
you can close and re-open and start/end dates remain. This is superior.

> The slider bar is also too granular (jumpy).
No it is NOT. The granularity of the slider is ONE STEP.

It can not be finer than that. However your SCREEN has limited resolution
and using the MOUSE you only can move by ONE PIXEL.
This is limitation of your input device (mouse/screen) not the slider.
So if you want to move by one step use buttons < > or use
keyboard <- -> cursor buttons to move slider because this way.

Also note that when you have "skip afterhours" / "skip weekends"
checkboxes enabled the slider will SKIP after hours
and this may be what you think is "jumpy" behaviour but it is
just what you have requested it to do (skipping the afterhours).

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com