  From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Wes Smith
  Sent: October 26, 2006 10:19 PM
  To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: Re: [amibroker] LAN Computers + IB RT-Data

  Hi Herman
  127.0.0.1 is the internal address for the computer you are on. So the
default for the IB plugin is to connect to this 127.0.0.1 address because
you usually have both AB and TWS on the same machine.  It means 'connect to
myself' .

  You want to configure the IB plugin to connect to another machine.
  To do this, you need to find the IP addreses of both computers and
configure the AB/IB plugin and TWS appropriately.
  Sounds complicated, but it's quite simple really.

  Find it's IP address of the computer running TWS ...(let's call it
TWS-Computer for this example)
  by doing the following.
  1) open a cmd prompt (start /AllPrograms/Accessories/cmd prompt
  2) In that cmd prompt type 'ipconfig /all'.   This will display the
machines real IP address (see display below)
  3) Write this address down.  (for this example, let's say it's IP is
192.168.0.100  )

  Find the address of the computer running running AB, ..  (lets call it
AB-Computer)
  1) Find it's IP address the same way as above. .,. and write it down.  ..
Lets say it's 192.168.0.101
  2) In Amibroker,  go to Menu FILE/Database Settings
  3) On the Database Settings dialog, click Configure to display the IB
Plug-in settings
  4) Here's you will see a line that says 'TWS Host or IP'.  It will be
defaulting to 127.0.0.1
  5) Change this to the IP address of Computer1 (the one running TWS)
  6) Leave the other stuff alone.
  7) This tells AB to go use the TWS on the other computer

  TWS on the first computer may display the 'Accept incoming connection'
dialog.  Just answer 'OK'
  You can prevent this dialog by configuring TWS to trust the IP address of
the AB-Computer.
  You do this in TWS using the Configure/API/Trusted IP address menu.  Just
add a new entry with the address of your AB-computer. (192.168.0.101 from
our example above)

  Here's an example of the 'ipconfig /all' command.  You're looking for the
IP Address field

  C:\>ipconfig /all

  Windows IP Configuration

          Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Rocket
          Primary Dns Suffix  . . . . . . . :
          IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
          WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

  Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

          Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
          Description . . . . . . . . . . . : NVIDIA nForce Networking
Controller
          Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-15-58-04-A0-8D
          Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

  C:\>

  One last thing .. if your using a home router, such as a Linksys, DLink,
Belkin etc, then there's a good chance that these IP addresses may change
from time to time.  This is because the router dynamically assigns you a new
address when needed.
  They don't change often if the machines are used frequently, but it is
something to consider if this stops working one day.
  I can help you nail down the IP address so it doesn't change if you want,
but it should be necessary right away.

  Wes