[amibroker] Re: seeking the following in a trading platform for a Woodie's CCI trader

I've been daytrading using Woodies CCI (& others) for a few months
now.  It has been working for me so far(I'm making money).  Maybe you
should just duplicate the setup Woodie has (TradeStation I think).
They have a chatroom running during the day where you can ask these
questions, and a tick replay running in the evenings.  Typical # in
the chatroom is around 500.  There are some (like me) that run IB data
with AmiBroker - this combo works well as far as I am concerned.

Your list is so extensive, you should train yourself to program or
hire someone.  I've taught myself AFL and have many indicators and
functions that work just like I want them to  -  If they don't, I only
have myself to blame.  No need to make lists of demands here.

If you want the WCCI Panel already programmed, go to:

http://woodiescciclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=48

Just the indicator panel is not enough, there are many "nuances" that
really make a diference in addition to the mechanical setups -
experience teaches you that.

An example from yesterday
1. don't take setups leading up to a FOMC announcement.
2. don't have a trade on at the start of the announcement
3. DO trade the subsequent movements - easy money.

ReefBreak

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "wavemechanic" <fimdot@xxx> wrote:

> I wouldn't knock Woodies (or any other) approach.  I know a couple
of traders who have done very well following in his footsteps.  I
never got comfortable with it but there is always more than one way to
do something successfully (e.g., system vs. discretionary trading).