From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Tomasz Janeczko
Sent: October 25, 2006 5:06 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [amibroker] PC Utilities.

Ara,

If you have such "weird" problems the best you can do is the following:

1. format drive / reinstall everything fresh (make at least 2 partitions
 one for the system and one for the rest. I personally have more partitions
 for various things)

2. buy Acronis True Image Home ($49) - and make system partition backup
if you will do disk images regularly you can turn off windows "system
restore"
feature because full disk images give you much better protection.

3. backup your system partition before installation of every software that
you don't know
so you can revert to pre-installation state in case somethign goes wrong.
This will also ensure that registry does not get cluttered with stuff that
did not get uninstalled properly

Make scheduled backups (Acronis allows to make scheduled disk images in the
background
while you are working, you don't need to reboot nor anything like with some
other tools)
and in the future you will be fully protected
and will be able to restore your system in 10 minutes (that's about the time
it takes on my computer).

Recent story:
I have dual boot machine (allows to select whenever you want to boot
into Win XP 32 bit PL or Win XP 64 bit EN)
when I installed Windows Vista RC1 (for testing) it destroyed MBR (master
boot record) on my disk
and I could not boot to anything but Vista.  And as always Acronis True
Image
rescued me - I simply restored the image, MBR was restored too and
everything was back to normal.

And big thanks to Yuki who first mentioned True Image on this list.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com