Re: [amibroker] eml

Hi Ara,

Tuesday, October 24, 2006, 8:06:55 AM, you wrote:

AK> I just received an undeliverable notice mail with an address I
AK> do not recpgnize ... NUT one of the attachments was a post I made
AK> on this board earlier ... or yesterday ... as an eml document ...

AK> Not sure what all this means ... but though I post the experience

My experience is that *most* (not all, of course) "undeliverable
mail" missives arrive with a malicious payload.  If I do not
*immediately* recognize it as something I just sent, I delete with
prejudice.

Also, per your other thread ... reinstalling your OS is the absolute
last step.  Sometimes it's necessary, most often it's not.  But
before I could toss my two yen in about your case, I'd want a rundown
of every interim step you've taken to see if your system is infected,
corrupted, or otherwise not right.

I have ... never ... reinstalled XP Pro.

And lastly, 2 years on a hard drive is like recommending a pagefile
size: you're going to get a LOT of different opinions about this. But
frankly, if you have data that is important to you, you should worry
about your hard drive failing the minute you put one bit of data on
it, and every minute thereafter.  I'm running five-year-old Seagate
SCSIs (as a subsystem), and they are fine.  One day they won't be. No
one can say when that day will be.  This is true of *all* hard
drives. You have to have a backup, and it always has to be current --
or at least as current as you can stand to lose data.

Yuki