[amibroker] Re: Does Anybody know this website

Yes I meant him.  Good mathematician and a good program at least for
me.  He is no longer CEO but just Chairman of the Board as I recall.

The thing I dislike about the selling is sort of what the QP2 guy
was saying -- anyone can cherry pick the dates and values.

Example:   recently a sales brochure had some sort of buy and hold
Top 20 VST stocks for 6 months and rebalance.  I did not see it so I
can't be really specific. And this is the Amibroker site so don't
want to wear out the welcome.

Someone who used to have Vv asked if that would work well.

When I ran it through my Simulator, came up with 256% from 1995 to
July 2006 with $10K start and 516% with $100K start and a 46%
drawdown for each of the two runs.  Not my idea of a good plan.

I have no idea what the selected dates were in the pbrochure or the
millions produced but I would put a hot 5¢ on the fact it did NOT
have a 46% DD.

I think that was the point made by Gary -- anyone can take the
cherry picked dates/times/prices.  The hard part is to take the
dates and prices as they come in real life and show your program
warts and all.

I was just impressed with the appearance of the signals as mentioned
in my post.  Those sing a song I can hear and apparently you can
listen to it on the Amibroker station.

Judith

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "windsorphd" <windsorphd@xxx>
wrote:

> Did you mean: Bart DiLiddo, Ph.D Chairman and CEO VectorVest, Inc.?
> what is his style of selling? anyway, I will try to find some
> information about Dr.DiLiddo on the internet.
> Actually 9trading only give us buy(or short) signal, we should
decide
> when we sell(or cover) it. if we can grasp half of profits, it is
still
> a good deal. I will think about what you two said.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, hairfree@ wrote:
> >
> > I looked at their site also and their indicators impress me. I
NEVER
> > believe any sites statistics having been brought up on Dr
Dilido's
> style
> > of selling his program.
> >
> > But their indicators seem spot on to me.  I especially like
Earth and