[amibroker] Re: coloring candlesticks according to code?

Hi Steve,

I also agree and added my support to this feature in the feedback
center sometime ago.  This is what I wrote:

IMHO - it is the goal of all of us traders to proper interpret the
current battle between the bulls and the bears (whether it be a 1 min
candle or a daily candle).  The ability to modify these candles can
give us that edge and for that reason I second the request to allow us
to properly color the candle body.

Here are the rules that I tried to implement for coloring my candles:

Rule # 1:
"Hollow White Candle(painted as Green - found out that a white candle
on a white background just doesn't work well - duh!)"
Close today >= Close yesterday and Close today >= Open
C >= Ref(C,-1) AND C >= O

Rule # 2:
"Filled Red Candle"
Close today <= Close yesterday
C < Ref(C,-1) AND C <= O

Rule # 3:
"Black Candle"  Opens bullishly but closes bearishly
Close today >= Close yesterday and closes today lower than the open.
C >= Ref(C,-1) AND C < O

Rule # 4:
"Hollow Red Candle"  Opens bearishly but closes bullishly.
Open today below yesterdays close and closes today higher than the open.
C < Ref(C,-1) AND C > O

It is rule #3 and #4 that provide a unique view of the battle.

Yes one can see that relationship without the special coloring, but
then again the same arguement is made about why to use candles over
bar charts.

This is a feature of Stockcharts.com that I very much like and have
found it very useful.

Please consider providing us the ability to color our candles.

As more folks understand how they can use this enhancement they may
also express a desire to see this feature.

Tomasz is doing such an amazing job with AB and I know of no other
developer that is so attentive to the needs of his customers.  I tip
my hat to him and pledge to be a lifeline customer.

Dave