[amibroker] Re: Symbol Database Source (Free)

nibiruet

I too felt that "US-Stocks" had a lot of de-listed stocks.  Today I
started cleaning by checking anything that was more than 2 days off
in amicharts and checking the symbol by typing in Yahoo.  If it gave
me a ".PK" extension or a ".CL" extension I just deleted in AmiQuote
and AmiBroker.  If Yahoo showed information I decided that it just
did not trade much and left it in the list.  Gets real boring fast.
I am down to "D" in 2 or 3 hours today.  Thinking after about 15 min
(slow thinker) that there must be a better way.

Another poster has mentioned (sorry just went back to the search
hits and cannot figure out where I read) that in this "Files"
section there was a list under, "Hemscott Industries" which is dated
mid 2005.  Can the poster or someone else say how that file 1) falls
in the time stamping order, before or after "US-Stocks", 2) how the
other sections of the folder compare to "US-Stocks" List (I have
been referring to the AmiBroker web page download of "US-Stocks"),
3) Am I wasting my time to go past "D"? and 4) in the rare instance
that I am not does anyone else want to take a section of the
alphabet and clean up a section for a posting of an updated "US-
Stocks" List?

Since I cannot program like others out there maybe I can do
the "boooooring stuff".

Dan