Re: [amibroker] AmiBroker 4.87.0 BETA relased

Hello,

> THANKS for the ability to turn off MDI tabs great!!
> (ALL tabs are still accessible from the Window menu right?)

Yes, that's correct (however it is slower to use Window menu (two clicks - pull down the menu and select,
instead of one click on tab)

> 1.
> Clarification question about "Request data on save" new features:
> Does it mean that when turned on you get an automatic backfill on
> exit?
No because it is not possible for external plugin to deliver as many data
in so little time (AB saves several hundreds of times quicker than
external source is able to backfill).
This feature is mainly to save IB/DDE real-time collected data to AB database
(As you remember you were complaining that you left AMiBroker for some
hours then exited and collected data from real-time quote window were
not saved.
If you want backfill - use existing "Backfill all realtime quote symbols" feature
available in IB plugin.

Bottom line: if you use IB or DDE as your data source you should definitely turn ON this feature.

In the future this checkbox may be removed and this will be entirely
controlled by the plugin (because plugin will "know" what is good setting
for particular data source).

> 2.
> Alternatively, when same feature is OFF will it still automatically
> save
> existing data to local database?
Yes but only the "old way", only the symbol for which you were showing charts
or accessed them from AA window. This is good for eSignal/IQFeed that
have long backfills. Not too good for IB/ DDE.

> 3.
> Do unused plug-ins (i.e. Metastock, ODBC, and QuoteTracker data
> plugins) use up
> any computer resources? If so, is there a reason not to unload them ?
> (I should have asked this question a long time ago...)
If properly written, unused plugins do not use any extra resources except
a couple of bytes of memory. I write "if properly written" because in theory
it is possible to write "abusive" plugin that will break this rule.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com