Re: [amibroker] Beta

  I have add another column to the list called Star Trader. It has real time feed from Reuters. Would you like me to update the list tonight so they are all after the
  close today? Star trader is add in violet.

  MSN screener Deluxe and StarTrader are both used publicly. StarTrader is sold but I don't understand why there should be such different numbers. I have no ability to change the days in either one.
  I have add another column to the list called Star Trader. It has real time feed from Reuters.  Would you like me to update the list tonight so they are all after the
  close today? Star trader is add in violet.

  How are the days changed in the AmiBroker Formula?

            Symbol
    Company Name

     MSN Beta
    Alpha
    Alpha and Beta and R_Squared Indicator
    R_Squared
    Alpha and Beta and R_Squared
    Star Trader
    Avg. Daily Vol. Last Month
      ACF
    AmeriCredit Corp.
    4.27
    -0.08
    1.46
    0.7
    1.45
    4.17
    1,790,140
      AKAM
    Akamai Technologies, Inc.
    5.09
    0.14
    2.05
    0.67
    2.05
    5.1
    5,929,215
      ALA
    Alcatel (ADR)
    3.77
    -0.26
    1.47
    0.11
    1.47
    3.81
    2,295,560
      AMD
    Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    3.53
    -0.67
    2.12
    0.53
    2.11
    3.48
    20,610,285
      AMKR
    Amkor Technology, Inc.
    4.85
    0.73
    4.16
    0.29
    4.16
    4.48
    6,516,765
      AMR
    AMR Corporation
    4.74
    0.2
    0.09
    0.26
    0.089
    4.7
    6,481,645
      ATML
    Atmel Corporation
    5.21
    -0.23
    1.09
    0.23
    1.09
    5.23
    7,719,350
      AV
    Avaya Inc.
    5.11
    -0.01
    1.59
    0.9
    1.58
    5.07
    3,099,865
      BWNG
    Broadwing Corporation
    3.97
    0.37
    1.58
    0.38
    1.58
    4.05
    1,241,645
      CAL
    Continental Airlines, Inc.
    3.85
    0.22
    0.65
    0.56
    0.65
    3.85
    4,221,520
      CNET
    CNET Networks, Inc.
    4.58
    -0.83
    3.05
    0.02
    3.05
    4.61
    1,704,005
      CSCO

    1.03
    0.11
    1.53
    0.89
    1.52
    1.98
    45,469,860
      DCEL
    Dobson Communications Corporation
    5.14
    0.5
    1.4
    0.54
    1.39
    5.1
    2,371,310
      EMKR
    EMCORE Corporation
    4.65
    -1.6
    4.92
    0.42
    4.92
    4.71
    1,201,255
      ERIC
    Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson (ADR)
    4.82
    0.36
    0.43
    0.56
    0.42
    3.67
    1,619,315
      GNSS
    Genesis Microchip Inc.
    3.99
    -0.42
    1.48
    0.01
    1.48
    4.09
    1,707,910
      HLIT
    Harmonic Inc.
    3.68
    -0.08
    1.83
    0.03
    1.82
    3.67
    1,147,970
      MENT
    Mentor Graphics Corporation
    3.68
    -0.26
    2.88
    0.35
    2.87
    3.72
    1,063,385
      MSFT

    1.93
    -0.01
    1.63
    0.98
    1.62
    1.08
    56,302,575
      NVDA
    NVIDIA Corporation
    4.01
    0.17
    3.49
    0.42
    3.48
    4.08
    11,151,205
      ONNN
    oseON Semiconductor Corp.
    4.03
    -0.48
    1.61
    0.35
    1.6
    3.98
    4,910,840
      OPSW
    Opsware Inc.
    4.13
    0.53
    1.55
    0.6
    1.55
    4.25
    1,518,100
      OPWV
    Openwave Systems Inc.
    5.85
    0.55
    1.45
    0..85
    1.45
    5.76
    3,041,355
      OVTI
    OmniVision Technologies
    4.19
    -0.61
    3.22
    0.43
    3.21
    4.18
    2,105,575
      PMCS
    PMC-Sierra, Inc.
    4.08
    -0.02
    0.07
    0.28
    0.069
    4.16
    8,209,995
      PWAV
    Powerwave Technologies, Inc.
    3.62
    -1.24
    2.15
    0.48
    2.14
    3.7
    4,279,650
      SIMG
    Silicon Image, Inc.
    4.4
    -0.02
    2.38
    0.67
    2.38
    4.3
    1,192,450
      TASR
    TASER International, Inc.
    4.34
    0.93
    1.45
    0.72
    1.45
    4.31
    1,289,610
      TWTC
    Time Warner Telecom Inc.
    4.13
    0.2
    2.38
    0.74
    2.38
    4.21
    2,622,100
      VRSN
    VeriSign, Inc.
    3.65
    -0.41
    2.55
    0.37
    2.55
    3.63
    3,250,720
      WFR
    MEMC Electronic Materials, Inc.
    3.8
    -0.39
    1.64
    0.31
    1.64
    3.92
    4,872,855

  I do set everything to the S&P 500 for basis. Below are the betas for 10/13/06 after market close.

[...]

Thomas Ludwig <Thomas.Ludwig@xxxxxx> wrote:  Steve, you have to calculate Beta over a specified number of days. You can
calculate it, e.g., over 20, 50 or 200 days - and the results are different,
of course. Another aspect is which index you are using for the calculation -
the Beta for, e.g., Microsoft calculated against the OEX is different from
the one calculated against the Nasdaq Composite. That's what Allan was
talking about.

A formula how to calculate Beta in AB can be found on
http://amibroker.com/library/detail.php?id=157

Thomas

> Which Beta calculation are you comparing to. The periods that I use are
> after the close and don't put the numbers into a table till after 1800hrs
> central time USA.
>
> Would you send me a copy of your explore and Indicator so I can verify
> that I have the correct one? There are 9 formulas in the library. Which one
> are you useing?
>
> allansn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Steve,
>
> I have checked and verified Amis beta calculation...Its good to go.More
> like likely than not,you are not matching up the time periods between Ami
> and MSN or you may be referencing a different benchmark
>
> Allan

Steven Kuball