Re: [amibroker] Re: Amibroker vs. other software

"Well said! Be warned not to fell into the trap of spending all your time in learning to program instead of learing to trade. I have used a trial version of the Builder version of TradingBlox (IMHO, the turtle and pro versions with only cann't systems don't worth the money). It was a real eye-opener! I would have bought it if  myself  not a programmer and can handle Ami pretty well. I learned a lot  of  system building concepts from the trial version and used them in  my  Ami AFL. The multi system simulation with detailed reports and  rigid  risk control is still hard to do with Ami, if possible at all. If you are in trading long enough, risk control and position sizing is more important than all those fancy indicators."

I couldnt  agree with you more,and this is where the bulk of ones efforts should be spent....IMHO,Blox has the correct approach to system development,and there is no need to spend countless hours and resources trying to reinvent the wheel.

It is a tribute to Ami and Tomasz that Ami can be programmed by the VERY skilled,but for us mere mortals(traders) that will never be a reality,and in no way is success dependent upon it...Its absurd to think otherwise