[amibroker] Re: What Amibroker is capable of..

Excel is a "clunky" toolbox compared to AB and while Excel is a great
tool for lots of things, as a platform for system development,
testing, optimization and trading it's not in the same universe.  The
same can be said of the differences in graphics capabilities.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Terry" <MagicTH@xxx> wrote:

> Yes to all of your questions...except I don't know what you mean by
test
> 3 systems "at the same time". Three systems are 3 systems. If you
want
> to take the combined signals of three different systems and then
trade
> them together, I have already done that.
>
> Compared to Excel it is a lot easier since there are many (100+)
> built-in functions and it does the data management for you too,
> including watching out for data holes...all must be manually
managed in
> Excel. Not to mention you can have virtually unlimited symbols. My
stock
> database, including extinct stocks is around 25,000 issues.
>
> I used Excel before Amibroker and it has it's benefits, but I
haven't
> touched Excel (for stock analysis) in nearly two years except as a
means
> to transport signals around and test them in AB.
> --
> Terry
On