RE: [amibroker] Help understanding Arrays

Buy High sell Low. Why not? :-)

  _____

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Terry
Sent: Saturday, October 14, 2006 23:47
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [amibroker] Help understanding Arrays

The thing you are missing in the below is you have FORGOTTEN to use the
subscript in your loop, thus you are setting the ENTIRE ARRAY to True. The
last line of your loop should look like this and it will do what you are
expecting.

            {

            Buy[i] = H[i];

}

Actually, this is technically incorrect because, as Fred said, Buy is a
light switch, either 0 or 1. This sets Buy to the High. However it still
works because Amibroker treats ANY NON-ZERO Number as true, even a negative
one.

PS: I hope you are taking Fred's advice about not buying at the high ;-)

--

Terry