Re: [amibroker] mentor wanted

Hi Robert,
               thank you for your input and my apologies for my post being so confusing,,

i'm not going to pursue assembling such a basic swing filter any longer but my sincere thanks for your time,

all the best with your trading and interests
regards
Paul

  It is hard for me to understand your question but if you want a signal that the high 3 days ago was the highest in the last 20 days, you might think about something like this:

  RecentHi3IsHi20=ref(H,-3)==hhv(H,20);

  Robert

  paulradge <paulradge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    I've started reading the tutorials but i'm not finding what i want to see,,,

    i'd like to put together a simple swing scan/explorer based on Oliver Velez
    swing trading tactics,,,

    a 20ma above a 40ma ,,the high of 3-5 days ago the highest high in 20 days
    ,,,the 3-5 days of down to have lower highs looking for a new higher high
    for the buy with the stop under the last isolation low /pivotpoint

    with ezyanalyser i can have all but 1 of those indicators done in
    seconds,,,the 1 i can't have is the 20ma above the 40 ma,,for some reason
    ezyanalyser looks at the ma of 20 days ago,,,and hence why i wanted
    amibroker,,,with the bonus of everything else amibroker does,,,,not to
    mention the company of some mind boggling posts from this user group.

    alas learning this language is more complex than studying Bradley Cowan's
    4th dimensional market geometry,,

    hunting around through other filters in the library and reading the
    tutorials,,,which are great but i'm not interestedin buying a ma cross over
    or macd,,,nor in backtesting at this stage,,,but i do need your help or
    someone to mentor me through this swing scan/explorer

    this is where i'm at ,,i've tried pinching this from a swing scan in the
    library but changed the ma values to what i want,,so i can atleast get part
    of this swing filter together,,

    MAProperOrder = (MA(c,20) > MA(c,40));
    post this i get a "variable" error ,,,after some reading and looking through
    other files i now have
    Filter = MAProperOrder before the other line,,,that error has now moved to
    error 29 ,,needs to be initialised,,,as i've mentioned in another post on
    Gartleys ,,i've looked up error 29 and read the example but fail to
    understand how that apply's to this situation also,,

    next i need to be able to set the high of 3 days ago to be the highest in 20
    days,,,anytips on where abouts in the tutorial i can read up on the language
    used set this up please,,,,

    regards
    Paul