Re: [amibroker] IV calculation for india scripts

1. IV is backward calculation. Get the options calculator I told you about
from the CBOE website. Use the AFL I gave you to calculate the HV .
Calculate the option value using the calculator referred to before using the
HV from Ami as an input. Now key in the premia being demanded in the market.
and it will give you the IV.

2. Options for most stocks in India are a fool's game  as they are illiquid.
Half the time you dont know if you need to use the HV for the underlying or
the HV for the SSF(single stock future) to value the options. The only
limited use that doesnt hit your bank account is as a hedge and that too if
you dont have to pay illogical premia for them. You may think differently as
this is a matter of opinion and I have stated mine.