RE: [amibroker] Using the XP scheduler to run an AB scan

Mark's suggestion is valid and there are all sorts of places where the
Batman program by Fred will work and often yields more results (better
picture capture for example).

For a simple scan I tried a very short js file, and called it from the
scheduler and it worked fine for running the scan and updating all of my
composites.

Here is the code that works for me.

/* create AB object */
AB = new ActiveXObject("Broker.Application");

/* retrieve automatic analysis object */
AA = AB.Analysis;

/* load formula from external file */
AA.LoadFormula("....put your complete path to the formula in here")

/* setup filters */
/* backtest over symbols present in market 0 only (zero-based number) */
AA.ClearFilters();

/* set apply to and range */
AA.ApplyTo = 0; // use symbols
AA.RangeMode = 2; // use last day's quotes
AA.RangeN = 1;

/* run Scan */
AA.Scan();

The above code is in a xxxxx.js file and this file is called from the
scheduler.  In this case, the scheduler does not need to do anything but run
the file, but some updates require running a program and issuing some
commands. I do not think XP scheduler does this, so Mark and I have found
and tested a freeware scheduler that can be setup to issue keystrok commands
and even mouseclicks (if you need to click on a button for example).  I
update five different programs, in sequence, and last night was the first
night that all processed normally and completely.  We have learned that with
the freeware version of this scheduler, you can not be working in another
program at the time--you have to be completely off the computer as the
scheduler uses the program or window that has the focus to which its
commands are issued.  While I have not tried it, I believe their purchase
scheduler will recognize and pick windows you designate, thus it would not
matter whether you were working in another program.

This freeware scheduler can be found at

http://www.splinterware.com/

Hope this helps.

Ken