From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of wes_zoltran2
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2006 18:52
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Needs some help backtesting a 5min futures system

Hi All

I'm trying to backtest a daytrading system that trades on the eminis
such as YM, ER2, and the EUR, GBP currency futures.
It uses a 5 minute period.

I've read thru the doc and boards here a few times, but as still stuck
on a couple points.

I want to backtest this system, and limit it to just one contract at a
time per security.

so ..
1) How do I specify the margin required?  I've been using 20%, but I'm
not sure this is the right way to do it.
2) How do I limit the backtester to just one contract?  I don't want
it buying all it can, up to available margin.
3)Any other tips or refererences/links would be appreciated

Thanks
Wes