Re: [amibroker] Re: Advice on Populating New Set of Industries

 The script, PopulateIndustriesAndTickers_v3_0.js, must be put into your
AmiBroker/Script directory and also the industry_data.txt in the Same
directory. If you want the market ID automatically assigned, use the
attached industry_data.cvs. You must then edit
PopulateIndustriesAndTickers_v3_0.js to tell it the name of your import list
 To make things a little easier for you I have also attached an edited
version of PopulateIndustriesAndTickers_v3_0.js that will point to the
correct file.

Once you have put the above files in AmiBroker/Scripts directory, open your
new database, go to the Tools menu, choose customize, then choose the tools
tab,  choose New, give it the name Get Industries,then go to the Command bar
and browse to your file,PopulateIndustriesAndTickers_v3_0.js to make it the
active command. In the Initial directory bar put the full path to the
AmiBroker\Scripts directory (For Example:  C:\Program
Files\AmiBroker\Scripts\)  Now choose Close at the bottom of dialog box.

Back in your database screen click on the tools menu, and you should see an
entry for Get Industries (on whatever you named it). DoubleClick on this
entry and a dialog box will appear stating that the script has started.
Click OK, and wait until another dialog appears stating that the script has
finished. I will take 10 to 20 minutes depending on the speed of your
computer.

Once the script has completed your new database will be populated with all
the symbols, shown in their correct Exchange, Sector and Industry, but they
will have no price information. Start AmiQuote, make sure it is set to Yahoo
Historical, set the date range for the data you wish to import. Now click on
the Tools menu, choose Get ticker from AmiBroker and wait for the list to
populate. Now click on the Green arrow to start the download process and
wait for completion. Again depending on your machine speed and your Internet
connection speedit could take several hours to finish, but when done your
database will be fully populated.

Hope this helps.