[amibroker] Re: AmiQuote UnRegistered version

Tomasz

Wine does run the price up fast.

Maybe I get the popup because I have finally got QuoteTracker
feeding AB.  Finally means that off and on since May I have been
trying to tie QT and AB together.  Yesterday Jerry at MedVed helped
me and told me to "Set HTTP port to 16239 and SOCKET port to 16240.
That may be why you are not getting AmiBroker connected."  Which is
found under: "Options", "Edit Preferences", "Misc." "API Server
Settings" in the Medved QuoteTracker Main window.  I had read all of
the instructions, I thought (Hope someone doesn't shot me off that
limb.).  Have just checked my laptop and it has the correct settings
which suggest that somehow I had created my own problem.

Have I once again created my own problem, the PopUp in AmiQuote,
because it sees "Data Source", "Quote Tracker Data Plugin"
in "Database Settings" under "File". And processes as: "non-
AmiBroker users (to supply other programs with data)" as explained
by you Tomasz.  I was trying to do history update for about 7,000
stocks on Yahoo under the Quote Tracker setting but QT not running.

By the way Tomasz; Love your program, bought the RT 2 or 3 years ago
with the idea of programming JM Hurst half span MA's, solving for
simutanious equations which could then be used to project the curve
into the future.  Must be to old because I cannot take my program
which I coded in HP3000 Basic in 1981 rewrite it for AB.  So even
though I cannot exceed 1 percent of AB's capabilities - I love AB.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> You do not need to purchase AmiQuote to download price data from
Yahoo.
> This part of the program remains free.
>
> There are other parts that are limited and there is a one-time
popup window
> that encourages registration.
>
> This has been added because AmiQuote was used extensively by
> non-AmiBroker users (to supply other programs with data) and we
received not a single
> penny for hard work that is put into developing and maintaining
AmiQuote.

> At $49 one-time fee it is cheaper than average dinner.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

I made