From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of ajfulleton
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 7:41 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Import FNU files into QP3 database

Ken,
Here is the little critter:

/*Make the 30A ticker for Phyllis
file 30A.afl
load and run a scan with 30A ticker in FT database */ //initialize

Buy=Sell=0;
AddToComposite(C , "~30A", "x" );
Filter = 1;

// end

I run this scan against the FT 30A ticker.
You will also have to run it one time in the non-FT database against any
ticker so that AB will see ~30A in this database.  Then nightly over write
the ~30A ticker in the non-FT database with the new ~30A ticker from the FT
database.
The scripts I mentioned are in the Tools menu: Autoupdate, Make30A ticker,
Tango Sort, FundX Score, Export Quotes, Cleanup Database.  I made up a
couple of script hacks to automate some things.  The scripts run .AFLs with
filters and sorts.  I usually have a couple of not-FT databases I use for
screening Closed End and ETF's for volume & rule based trading, etc.  I am
not much of a programmer, I just hack at things until they work for me so I
hope this helps.
....Allen

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ken Close <ken45140@xxx> wrote:

> Allen...thanks for the concept. Any change of copying the lines
from the 3
> line AFL you mention and post here.  Is the "script" you refer to
something
> else?
>
> More specifics might be useful to me.  I also take it that I will
find it
> hard to use the ASCII importer to convert it, which really seems
odd seeing
> as how there are all sorts of formatting commands in the
Importer.  I just
> can not get anything to work because of inexperience with the
importer.

> Maybe support would help me.....
>
> Ken

On Behalf
> Of ajfulleton
> Sent: Monday, September 04, 2006 8:14 PM
> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [amibroker] Re: Import FNU files into QP3 database
>
> Ken,
> Years ago I set up a hack to put a FT 30A (30%) ticker into a non-
FT
> [...]
just moving
> over the ticker from FT would not work.  Now I just run my script
in the FT
> database and then copy the ticker.  I am sure some of the real
programmers
> can do much better than my quick and dirty hack.  One of these
days I'll
> revisit this since I use ~30A (30%)as a reference in AB.
> Hope this helps.....
> ...Allen
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ken Close" <ken45140@> wrote:
> >
> > Now that I have switched over to QP3, I am trying to mix some
> ticker info
> > from FastTrack with the QP db so I can calculate some things with
> the QP db
> > active.
> >
> > A FNU file is one especially prepared by a variety of FastTrack
> related
> > programs, including Ftrack itself.
> >
> > The format of an FNU file looks like this:
> >
> > 30A
> > 30% Interest
> > "09/01/88",100,0
> > "09/02/1988",100.0719,0
> > "09/06/1988",100.36,0
> > "09/07/1988",100.4322,0
> > "09/08/1988",100.5044,0
> > "09/09/1988",100.5767,0
> > "09/12/1988",100.7938,0
> > "09/13/1988",100.8663,0
> > "09/14/1988",100.9388,0
> >
> > This shows a constant interest ticker starting on 9/1/1988 and
> increasing
> > with ann interest = 30%.
> >
> > First, retrieve symbols does not seem to work because I can not
put
> the
> > newly created FNU files into the QP database files.  (As an
aside,
> the FT
> > API that TJ designed automatically recognizes FNU symbols and
> Retrieve will
> > get them when using the FastTrack database---seemingly not so
with
> the QP3
> > database.)
> >
> > So, I thought I would use the ASCII Importer in AB to import the
> 30A file
> > (shown above partially).
> >
> > I specified the file and the columns and did not get any error
> messages, but
> > nothing came in.  I do have a symbol named 30A in the QP3 tree
but
> it is
> > empty.
> >
> > I suspect it is because of the quote marks around the date (which
> is an
> > unchageable feature of the FNU format).  I do not want to have to
> go thru
> > Excel to strip out the quote marks.
> >
> > Can someone guide me on this, in general, or in specifics, like
how
> do I
> > tell the importer to ignore the quote marks?

SUPPORT {at}
> amibroker.com

> http://www.amibroker.com/support.html

To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly to SUPPORT {at}
amibroker.com