Re: [amibroker] Moon Phase as a profitable predictor

Hey, does the moon phase indicator give exits as well as entrances?  It occurs to me that if it does not, then this might simply be a case of good traders being able to make money even on random entrances because they are good at knowing when to exit.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Howard B
  To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, September 04, 2006 8:49 AM
  Subject: Re: [amibroker] Moon Phase as a profitable predictor

  Regarding the Claud Baruch site's graphic --

  He shows a set of upward pointing spikes and a set of downward pointing spikes in one panel (lunar indicator), and has buy arrows and sell arrows for the S&P in a second panel.  It looks like the upward arrows correspond to full moon and downward to new moon.

  The signals associated with the upward spikes are, in sequence, SBBSSBBBSSSS.
  The signals associated with the downward spikes are, SNSBSSSNBBBB.
   (B==Buy, S==Sell, N==No Signal).

  OK -- A full moon is coming up on September 9th.  There probably will be will be a signal -- 22 of the last 24 new or full moons issued signals.  It might be a Sell -- 7 of the last 12 up-spikes were Sells.  We hope to know by September 15th.

  Howard