[amibroker] Re: Buying at open -- In Real Life

There are a variety of ways to look at this ...

To me the difference between yesterdays close and todays open is
slippage and the larger the imbalance of orders in the direction of
your entry will only serve to widen that difference.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "intermilan04" <intermilan04@xxx>
wrote:

> I am by no means one of the big fish in the market, but I have not
> experienced a single occassion of slippage.  The "opening price"
that
> shows up on Yahoo Finance is the exact price, down to cents, that I
> traded with.  I place orders overnight so internet connection is not
> my issue; the order is already handled by my broker in pre-market
> awaiting the opening bell.
>
> intermilan04
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Terry" <MagicTH@> wrote:
> >
> > So, this is a good lesson in slippage. Slippage WILL HAPPEN. If
it's not
> > the open price it will be some "surprise" like Iran or N. Korea
drops a
> > nuke or something much simpler like your internet connection is
down
> > when you need to trade or your take a vacation. The backtester
never
> > takes a vacation and never has computer problems and
already "knows"