Re: [amibroker] How to get the active WatchList number

Hello fbsmithj
For Explores you probably need to control Amibroker externally with either
a program called Batman or your own jScripts.  The results can be exported
to files or Excel data sheets.

With either approach you can load a specific AFL and run it against specific
watchlists.

If you wrote a general AFL, you can switch from strategy to strategy, as
well as
watchlist to watch list.

Here's an example of stepping through and clearing multiple watchlists
(1-31 )
the first time the program is entered in a SCAN action.

Batman is in the forum files section.

Hope this helps
Joe

//----------------- Clear the watchlists from 1 to 31 to receive the
component stocks for 29 Sectors plus undefined issues

// But do this only once as you scan

IndNum = IndustryID(0);

if ( Status( "action" ) == 3 AND Status( "stocknum" ) == 0 ) // 3 is SCAN 4
is Explore running a scan and it's the first stock

{

// clear Watchlists used to store composite symbols of QP Sector Runs

for (WL = 1; WL <=31; WL++)

{

ClearList = GetCategorySymbols(categoryWatchlist, WL);

for( i = 0; ( symC = StrExtract(ClearList, i) ) != ""; i++ )

{

CategoryRemoveSymbol( symC, categoryWatchlist, WL );

}

}

}

else