[amibroker] COM Object Statement Works One Place but Not another

This is really puzzling.  I successfully have used the following
CompositeLoad procedure (from Dan Clark).  It runs and creates great ATCs/

Tonight, I copied this portion from one working code file to a new one, and
then got an error for a statement that works in the original file.  How can
that be?

Code Snippit:
Filter=1;

AB = CreateStaticObject("Broker.Application");

//Procedure to add to Composite values

procedure CompositeLoad(Sym, SymName, CloseVal, OpenVal, HighVal, LowVal,
VolVal,
 OpenIntVal, ATCFlags, TargetWLNbr)
   {
   //Add To Composite
   AddToComposite(CloseVal,   Sym, "C", ATCFlags);
   AddToComposite(OpenVal,    Sym, "O", ATCFlags);
   AddToComposite(HighVal,    Sym, "H", ATCFlags);
   AddToComposite(LowVal,     Sym, "L", ATCFlags);
   AddToComposite(VolVal,     Sym, "V", ATCFlags);
   AddToComposite(OpenIntVal, Sym, "I", ATCFlags);

   //Modify Names
   cs        = AB.Stocks(Sym) ;
   cs.FullName = SymName          ;                 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Error in
this statement ***

   // Add to Watchlists
   if (TargetWLNbr != 0)
       CategoryAddSymbol(Sym, categoryWatchlist, TargetWLNbr);
   }

*** Error 18:  COM object variable not initiated or has invalid type.

Since I copied the lines from one working file into a new one, how can this
line get an error?
What step am I missing?
Can someone explain what this line and the one above it are doing?
Right now I can not get it to produce an ATC when I comment out the
cs.FullName line.

Thanks for any help,
Ken