[amibroker] Re: Help with latest IQFeed Client

Hello,

this thread seems to be closed (I am just back from holidays).

Anyway I have a somewhat long experience with IQFeed and other RT
data feeds. I trade a lot of different markets - european interest
rates markets included - and it is very hard to find a convenient
data feed. A lot of vendors have good enough feeds for trading US
stocks, but when you try other - more "exotic" - markets, you
realize that the quality is very low. A few years ago I have tried
esignal and after a few weeks I have simply stopped to waste my time
with them. I think they simply weren't interested to deal with
clients like me.
I have tried IQfeed because it was the only alternative for me as an
AB user. And I have to say that I am satisfied by the quality of
their feeds.

As I am not interested in daytrading US stocks, I can't comment on
that. I only use their intraday quotes, I have noticed some problems
with their EOD quotes. There are problems with every vendor, in my
experience IQfeed is sgnificantly better. On my favorite markets I
have noticed a lot of improvements since last year. The first
semester of 2006 was very quiet. Of course I would like them to
improve a lot of things, but I can live with that.
Also, I prefer an unfiltered feed, because I can filter quotes as I
want to, I am sure that it is done in a realistic manner, and my
real-time quotes are consistent with my historical data (I store
them to backtest my systems regularly). Another point is that IQfeed
has a low CPU overhead - at least compared to esignal - , an
important point for me as I run other programs simultaneously.

If you just need RT quotes for US stocks, esignal is probably fine
and the easiest way. Otherwise you should try other feeds. Don't
care about the price, IMO reliability is the most important thing by
far.

Good luck.